Skiing in Carinthias largest ski area & relaxing winter hiking in Carnic Alps.
Winter: spoiled by sun & snow
The skiing area Nassfeld - surprisingly diverse
Nassfeld boasts the most snow and the most sunshine! Adriatic lows with high precipitation unload their "white splendour" regularly across the area of the Carnic Alps with an average of seven to eight metres of snow per winter. In addtion, there are more than 350 artificial snowmaking facilities, ensuring 100% area-covering snow-reliability. At the same time, the Upper Tauern's shielding effect against disturbances from the north is very noticeable in the Gailtal Valley. This means that Nassfeld enjoys the most hours of sunshine per winter in the entire alpine region.
But there are plenty of other good reasons for a holiday at Nassfeld. The ski resort with 110 km of pistes stretches across four high mountain valleys on this side and beyond the Austrian-Italian border and is therefore an astonishingly vast area. The state-of-the-art infrastructure is proof of the modern thinking here. The 30 mountain railways and lifts include, for example, many comfortable 4-seater and 6-seater chairlifts and five cable cars. The family ski resorts in Kötschach-Mauthen, Weissbriach and Weissensee are small but wonderful - they are ideal for guests who want to try their first or unsteady moves on skis away from the hustle and bustle.
Lake Weissensee - Fun on blades and along the ice
Lake Weissensee, Europe's largest frozen natural sheet of ice, provides a forty centimetres thick layer of ice on over six square kilometres for your outing on blades. Snowshoe hikers and crosscountry skiers also get what their heart desires. A 50 kilometres dense network of cross-country ski trails awaits.
Lesachtal Valley - the natural paradise
Visit the natural paradise for winter hiking, ski tours and snowshoe hiking. Forget all troubles and simply enjoy the powder snow in this enchanting valley.
All highlights at one glance:
- 128 km well-prepared pistes of all difficulty levels
- 2,2 km long floodlit piste at Nassfeld
- Family ski resort Weissbriach
- From the piste into the indoor pool in Kötschach-Mauthen
- From the piste to the ice skating rink at Lake Weissensee
- 300 km cross-country tracks (classic and skating)
- Snowmaking facilities at Tröpolach, Weissbriach, Kötschach-Mauthen and in the Lesachtal Valley
- Europe's largest natural ice skating rink Lake Weissensee
- or on lake Pressegger See
- Floodlit runs
- Huts and restaurants
- Reachable by bus, lift or on foot
- Numerous winter hiking trails
- Snowshoe hiking
- Guided tours
- "Aquarena" in Kötschach-Mauthen
- AlpinSPA at Schluga Camping Hermagor
- Kärnten Therme Villach
Do you need more information?
Our partner websites provides detailed information: