Action at the mountain, relaxation at the lake. Culinary of the Alps and Adriatic Sea.
Summer: between the Alps and the Adriatic Sea
Encounter Mediterranean climate in the Southern Alps, wonderful landscapes so pristine that they are a treat for eyes and soul and friendly hosts who welcome every guest.
Two lakes complementing each other perfectly: Lake Weissensee is a fjord-like swimming lake in 900 m above sea level with pristine shores. Lake Pressegger See
near Hermagor boasts Austria’s second-largest reed belt and its waters reach temperatures of up to 28° C. Both lakes boast crystal-clear waters of drinking water quality.
And then there are the mountains
The Lesachtal Valley - awarded “Alpine Landscape of the Year“ - presents itself to its visitors as multi-facetted, diverse in nature and with an abundance of water.
500 million years of Earth’s history can be encountered on the so-called Geo-Trails in the Carnic Alps as well as at the GeoPark visitor centre in Dellach. Cosy country inns invite to stop for a rest just as much as the natural serviced alpine huts where the famous Gailtal Valley Alpine Cheese (PDO) is made. There is an annual festival in honour of the Alpine cheese and the mellow-flavoured Gailtal Valley Bacon (PGI). Both products are EU-protected.
The Alpine-Adriatic region
Our three adventure regions Nassfeld-Pressegger See, Lesachtal Valley and Lake Weissensee are located between Venice, Ljubljana and Salzburg, and delight with culinary specialities and are the perfect starting point for fantastic excursions. It only takes a 30 minute drive to cross the border into Italy or Slovenia. Very popular, and therefore highly recommended, are the special theme packages. These programmes can be found in our tour descriptions – bookings are made directly with your accommodation provider.
- More than 1000 km of official hiking trails, 26 themed walks, rock labyrinth, zipwire & much more
- Long distance hiking trails
- Lifts & cable cars
- Geotrail Carnic Alps
- Nassfeld - Carinthia's adventure mountain: Aquatrail, summercoaster Pendolino, show alpine dairy farm and much more
- 18-hole championship course at Waidegg
- Carinthia's 1st adventure park
- Public lidos, natural pools
- Surfing, sailing, diving
- Cycle paths like the "Gailtal Radweg R3"
- 750 km mtb trails - also to Itlay
- "Aquarena" in Kötschach-Mauthen
- AlpinSPA at Schluga Camping Hermagor
- Kärnten Therme Villach
- Fascinatino bee honey
- Adventure farm GailtalBauer Kirchbach
- Show dairy Tressdorfer Alm
- Horse carriage ride Noriker Haberle
Do you need more information?
Our partner websites provides detailed information: